5 Steps to Boost Your Self-Confidence
You may not realize it, but your self- confidence is under your control. If you want more self-confidence, get some! Here are 5 easy steps to boost your self-confidence to feel better about yourself and what the future has in store for you.
1. Celebrate a small success: When you check something off of your to-do list, even the tiniest thing, celebrate. Find something meaningful to you and do it. Have a piece of cake, buy a pair of shoes, go on a spa day. Celebrating the small successes will motivate you to get the bigger things done, too.
2. Don’t carry mistakes into the future. Everyone makes mistakes. What’s in the past can’t be changed. How you react to your mistakes is critical. Carry what you’ve learned from your mistakes with you and use that knowledge to fuel your further success.
3. Face a fear. What’s something that you’ve always been afraid of? Spiders? Flying? Heights? Go tackle a fear and feel like a bad ass! Travel down to your local pet store or zoo and ask to hold a spider. Book a trip, hop on a plane and have the time of your life. Get a two for one and fly to the Grand Canyon to tackle your fear of heights. Rather than avoiding your fears, face them head on and bask in the confident feeling that you’ll have afterward.
4. Make an achievement list. You have probably achieved much more inf your life than you think you have. Take 15 minutes and write down as many things that you have done that you’re proud of, or that has made you happy. Start with your kindergarten graduation and keep on going! When you’re done, pack it up and take it with you everywhere you go so that you can take a look at it when you’re feeling low for an instant confidence boost.
5. Go do something you’re good at. What are you good at? Crossword puzzles? Juggling? Writing? Spending time doing something that you’re great at will instantly boost your confidence. Spend 15 minutes writing down all the things you’re good at and spend time every doing at least one of those things.
Taking just a few minutes each day can truly enhance your self-confidence Remember, you are in control of your self-confidence and no one can take that away from you.